Capria has developed a thorough screening process that allows us to get to know you and your firm, allows you to gain a deeper understanding of our value-added approach, and provides us with an opportunity to mutually explore if a long-term partnership is a good fit. Our process will also help you navigate and enhance the way you approach other potential investors whether they are high-networth individuals, family offices, institutional investors, or foundations.
As a fund manager ourselves, we know first hand how frustrating it can be to not understand an investor’s decision making process while being evaluated. As a result of our own experience, we have decided to share more about the steps in our process to become part of the Capria Network and being considered for an investment. The order of these steps may vary as they are tailored and adjusted for each fund we screen. We look to “right size” our requests for information so that at each stage in our process we are more deeply getting to know one another.
Screening Process Steps
Example Screening Process Flow
This is meant as an illustrative example of how the screening process could proceed with a fund. There are many versions of how exactly this process could unfold.
- Initial Information Submitted on Edge Platform
- Fund Pitch Call with Capria Regional Director
- Due Diligence Questionnaire Part 1 submitted and reviewed
- Capria Quantum completed by all applicant firm partners
- Due Diligence Questionnaire Part 2 submitted and reviewed
- Additional calls with Capria Partners
- A deal review with a Capria Partner
- Call with Capria Director of Impact & Fund Manager Advancement
- Call with Capria Director of Capria Network & Co-Investments
- Reference Checks
- In-Person Due Diligence in Seattle
- Capria IC consideration for partnership and investment
- Final in-Country Diligence in your country
- Term sheet offered and signed
- Agreements signed
- Fund Manager onboarded to the Capria Network
- Selected fund manager cohort participates in the next Capria Network event
Onboarding - Our Partnership & Becoming a Member of the Capria Network
Once agreements are signed we start our onboarding process and, depending on the agreement between Capria and the fund manager, move forward with an investment. As part of onboarding, we open up access to our intellectual property, share resources the Capria Network has contributed, and introduce tools we use to ensure we’re able to effectively work with one another moving ahead. Completing the Intensive or a similar Capria Network event is the final step in officially becoming a Capria Network fund manager.
Partner Engagement Model
Capria leverages the tools, resources, and connections we have developed as a fund manager ourselves and through our work with other fund managers in the Capria Network. We work with teams on a firm wide basis, focusing not only on the success of a fund but on building a world-class investment firm. Our support is provided in both structured (Intensive, 1:1 calls, Network activities) and unstructured (being vocal advocates with LPs behind the scenes) settings. We are a strategic, value-added investor that leverages first-hand knowledge of operating a global impact investment business and we take a long-term approach to partnering with fund managers. In turn, fund managers agree to be active contributors to the Capria Network, sharing intellectual property, expertise, and connections.